Version – 14 September 2023
Alter Domus offers a comprehensive range of services spanning fund administration, corporate services, agency services, CLO collateral administration, credit and structured product services, depositary services, transfer pricing, wealth administration, domiciliation, and management company services.
Alter Domus is a fully integrated fund and corporate services provider dedicated to clients internationally, and is committed to respecting your privacy – wherever you may be in the world.
This Privacy Notice explains who we are, how we collect, share, safeguard and use your personal data, and how you can exercise your privacy rights.
For more information about Alter Domus and the services which we provide, please see the Alter Domus website at www.alterdomus.com.
This privacy notice applies to applicants for employment at Alter Domus, but if you are a current or former Alter Domus employee, please refer to your Employee Privacy Notice for more information about how we process your personal data as an employee.
Who is Alter Domus
Alter Domus Participations S.à r.l., Société à responsabilité limitée and its affiliates (hereafter referred to as ‘Alter Domus’), with our main establishment situated on 15 Boulevard F. W. Raiffeisen, in Luxembourg, is the data controller where Alter Domus collects and processes personal data for our own purposes. Alter Domus operates as a unified group and encompasses all the entities listed herein.
“Alter Domus”, “we”, “us” and “our” means the Alter Domus Group as described herein.
Updates to this Privacy Notice
We may modify or amend this Privacy Notice from time to time at our discretion. When we make changes to this Privacy Notice, we will amend the revision date at the top of this page and such modified or amended Privacy Notice shall be effective as to you and your information as of that revision date. We encourage you to periodically review this Privacy Notice to view any updates.
Third Party Websites
Links to and from other websites, which are independent of Alter Domus, are maintained by third parties. Alter Domus is not responsible for the content or privacy practices of any third-party websites and shall not be liable for any damages or harm arising from the content and use of such websites.
Any links to other websites are provided as a convenience to you as a user, and do not imply our endorsement of the linked websites or association with their operators.
Alter Domus is compliant with data protection legislation within all of the jurisdictions in which it operates. The jurisdictions in which we operate are listed on the Alter Domus website at www.alterdomus.com.
How Alter Domus Collects Personal Data from You
Alter Domus collects your personal data when you:
- Complete an online contact form or survey
- Visit our website (see Cookie Notice)
- Register to receive our email newsletter(s) or other communications
- Enter a competition or promotion
- Request, contract and use a service from us
- Register, create a user profile, or login to any application provided by us
- Communicate with us via phone calls, chat, email, web forms, social media and other methods of communication
- Submit personal data to us to comply with AML or KYC obligations
- Apply for employment or participate in recruitment events or activities
- Attend our events
- Provide services to us
Personal Data Alter Domus Collects from Others
Alter Domus works with a number of third parties and may receive your personal data from them. The third parties include, but are not limited to:
- Business partners
- Clients and prospective clients
- Investors and customers of clients
Where another party (such as a company or a partnership or any third parties acting on you or your behalf) provides your personal information to us, they must also comply with their obligations under the relevant privacy laws and regulations. If you believe that the entity for whom you work or a third party has not provided you with details of the personal information that it holds about you and/or has not obtained your authority to provide us with that personal information for processing as described in this Privacy Notice, then please contact such entity directly.
Types of Data Alter Domus Collects
- Identity Data: this includes but is not limited to first name, last name, date of birth, place of birth, nationality, passport details, national identity card number or social security number
- Contact Data: this includes email address, telephone number(s) and postal address
- Financial Data: this includes banking details, income details, tax information, source of wealth
- Employment Details: this includes job titles, employment history and any information provided as part of an employment application
- Technical Data: subject to your cookie settings this may include type of device used, internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, operating system
- Any personal data about you included in free text boxes; including in relation to enquiries or comments submitted to us
- Other User Profile Data such as feedback and survey response
Legal Basis for Alter Domus to Process Personal Data
Data Protection law only permits Alter Domus to process personal data where we have a valid legal basis to do so.
We must have one of the following legal basis to process your personal data, unless local law dictates specific exceptions:
- To enter into, or for the performance of a contract
- Where Alter Domus has a legal duty or obligation
- Where it is in the public interest
- Where we need to protect your vital interests
- Where it is in our legitimate interest
- Where you consent to it
Sharing Your Personal Data
When necessary, Alter Domus shares your personal data with:
- Vendors and administrative support, infrastructure, and other service providers handling your information on our behalf, such as AML/KYC providers; in each case, such vendors and service providers will be contractually bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations consistent with the obligations in this Privacy Statement
- Tax, government and any relevant regulatory authorities
- Prosecuting authorities and courts, and/or other relevant third parties connected with legal proceedings or claims
- Fraud prevention and/or law enforcement agencies
- Third parties where Alter Domus is required to do so by law
- Third parties to whom we disclose information in the course of providing services to you or to the entity that has engaged us to provide the services
Security of Personal Data
Security of all personal data is extremely important to Alter Domus. We have implemented technical, administrative and physical security measures to help protect your personal data from unauthorised access and improper use. Alter Domus uses a variety of technical and origanisational safeguards to protect your personal data. Alter Domus has adopted data protection legislation compliant contracts and data sharing agreements with clients, between Alter Domus affiliates and with suppliers.
Furthermore, Alter Domus enforces security technical and procedural measures across its offices and operations, and is currently working towards consolidating many of these under an ISO27001 certification.
Examples of such measures include:
- Physical security of access to our offices and floors
- Restricted access control to your personal data on our systems, frequently reviewed and revised
- Your data is stored on servers in controlled, secure environments
- A range of data flow detection and prevention methods
- Restrictions on connecting non-approved devices to the Alter Domus network
- Restrictions and safeguards related to the transmission of data externally
- Regular training of our employees on data protection and privacy matters
How We Use Personal Data
Please note where we collect personal data for a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract you are obliged to provide the personal data. Failure to do so may mean that we are unable to provide our services to you.
The primary purpose categories for which Alter Domus may process your personal data are listed below, along with representative types of data. The key legal bases are also stated for jurisdictions within the EU, and Jersey, Guernsey, Mauritius and Cayman Islands. Other jurisdictions do not require the legal bases to be stated, and these may vary according to local law:
|Purpose Categories||Type of data||Lawful basis for processing|
|To perform AML and KYC checks||Identity, Contract, Financial, Employment||– Necessary to comply with a legal obligation|
– Performance of a contract
|To deliver our services||Identity, Contact,|
|– Performance of a contract|
– Necessary to comply with a legal obligation
– Necessary for our legitimate interests
|To comply with tax reporting requirements||Identity, Contact|
|– Necessary to comply with a legal obligation|
|To manage our relationship with you||Identity, Contact,|
|– Performance of a contract|
– Necessary to comply with a legal obligation
– Necessary for our legitimate interests
|To send you marketing information about our|
services that we think may be of interest to you
– Necessary for our legitimate interests
|To exercise or defend our legal rights||Identity, Contact,|
|– Necessary for our legitimate interests|
International Data Transfers
Your personal data may be transferred internationally to trusted service providers and other third parties when necessary. When doing so Alter Domus transfers personal data pursuant to Articles 46 or 47 Regulation of (EU) 2016/679, using established safeguards such as the use of EU Standard Contractual Clauses, and, where compliant with local regulations, established frameworks such as the EU-US Data Privacy Framework (including UK Extension to the EU-US DPF and Swiss-US DPF) (see below).
EU – US Data Privacy Framework (including UK Extension to the EU-US DPF and Swiss-US DPF)
Alter Domus’ US operations participates in the EU-US DPF, the UK Extension to the EU-US DPF, and the Swiss-US Data Privacy Framework Program.
Adoption of the Data Privacy Framework includes adherence to the EU-US Data Privacy Framework Principles and the Swiss-US Data Privacy Framework Principles (“DPF Principles”), a set of requirements governing participating organisations’ use and treatment of personal data received from the EU, the United Kingdom (UK), and Switzerland.
To view our EU-US Data Privacy Framework (including the UK Extension to the EU-US DPF and Swiss-US DPF) Notice, please click here. For more information and to check our certification status please visit www.dataprivacyframework.gov/s/participant-search
Retaining Personal Data
Alter Domus retains your personal data only for as long as is necessary for our purposes.
Alter Domus retains a Data Retention Schedule as part of its Alter Domus’ Data Retention Policy. This policy and schedule complies with the legal retention requirements of all of the jurisdictions in which we operate.
These documents are reviewed and updated regularly. We keep personal data for as long as it is required to meet legal or regulatory obligations and for the exercise and/or defence of any legal claims.
Automated Decision Making
Alter Domus does not use any automated processes to make decisions about you without human intervention.
What are your Data Protection Rights?
Numerous national and international regulations include measures to safeguard and enforce data subject rights. Alter Domus supports the rights described below except where doing so would contravene the requirements of local law or regulations. Please see the table – Subject Rights by Jurisdiction – below, to clarify applicable variances.
You have the right to be informed about what, how and why we process your personal data, as outlined in this Privacy Notice.
Furthermore, you have the following rights (subject to your jurisdiction):
- Right of Information and Access – The right to obtain from the controller confirmation of whether personal data is being processed, information in clear and transparent language on how it is used and by whom, why, and with what safeguards, and to receive a copy of this data
- Rectification – The right to have personal data corrected where it is inaccurate or incomplete
- Erasure (right to be forgotten) – The right to have personal data erased
- Data portability – The right to receive personally or have data sent to a third party in a common and machine-readable electronic format
- Object – The right to complain and to object to processing to a relevant supervisory authority and/or claim compensation for damages or distress
- Restriction of processing (purpose limitation) – The right to limit the extent of the processing of personal data
- Automated decision-making and profiling – The right not to be subject to decision making without human involvement
- Right to opt out of certain processing – the right to opt out of the processing of personal data
- Right to Redressal of Grievance (Applicable to India Only) – The right to lodge a complaint with a data fiduciary first before approaching the Board for redress
- Right to Nominate Another Individual to Exercise Rights (Applicable to India Only) – The right to nominate another individual who will exercise the data principal’s rights in case the event of the data principal’s death or incapacity
The following table outlines your valid legal rights for jurisdictions which do not follow EU regulations or adopt similar mechanisms (such as Jersey, Guernsey and Mauritius):
|Subject Rights by Jurisdiction||USA*||Cayman Islands||Australia||Hong Kong||India||Singapore||China||Japan|
|Right to be informed||State Specific||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||Yes||Yes|
|Right of access||State Specific||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes*||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Right of rectification||State Specific||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes**||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Right of portability||State Specific||No||No||No||No||No||No||No|
|Right to object||State Specific||Yes||No||No||No||No||No||Yes|
|Restriction of processing||State Specific||Yes||No||No||No||No||Yes||Yes|
|Right to opt out of certain processing||State Specific||No||No||No||No||No||No||No|
|Right to redressal of grievance||No||No||No||No||Yes||No||No||No|
|Right to nominate another individual to exercise rights||No||No||No||No||Yes||No||No||No|
*Determined by state specific legislation, and sector specific Federal Laws and Guidelines
**Except under order of the Commissioner
***Limited to personal data processed based on consent or the voluntary disclosure
You can request to exercise your rights by getting in touch with us using the contact details found in the ‘Contact Us’ section of this notice. This includes the withdrawal of consent where consent is used as the legal basis.
For certain personal information requests, we must first verify your identity before processing your request. To do so, we may ask you to provide us with your full name, contact information, and relationship to us. Depending on your request, we may ask you to provide additional information. Once we receive this information, we will then review it and determine whether we are able to match it to the information we maintain about you to verify your identity.
Please be advised that these rights are not absolute, and Alter Domus may have legally valid reasons for not complying with your request. We will inform you where this is the case.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights with respect to your personal information.
Your California Privacy Rights
Right Not to Sell Your Data: California Civil Code permits California residents to request from companies conducting business in California a list of third parties to which the company has disclosed personally identifiable information during the preceding year for direct marketing purposes.
Alter Domus does not sell or otherwise share your personal data with third parties for their direct marketing purposes; accordingly, we do not maintain such a list of third parties.
Similarly, “Do Not Track” is a preference you can set in your Web browser to let the websites you visit know that you do not want them collecting information about you. Our applications do not currently respond to a “Do Not Track” or similar signal. We do not engage in the collection of personal information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services to provide targeted advertising. We do not allow third parties to collect such personal information when you use the application.
If you are a resident of California and would like additional information you may contact the U.S. data protection contact using the contact details found in the ‘Contact us’ section of this notice.
How to Complain
If you have a complaint in regard to the way in which Alter Domus processes your personal data please get in touch using the details found in the ‘Contact Us’ section of this notice.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. Alter Domus’ main establishment is based in Luxembourg. The Commission Nationale pour la Protection des Donnes (CNPD) is the supervisory authority in Luxembourg.
The CNPD can be contacted through their online complaint form available here, or by post:
Commission Nationale pour la Protection des Donnes (CNPD)
1, Avenue du Rock n’ Roll
Alter Domus operates over many jurisdictions. If you would like to complain to the Data Protection Authority in another jurisdiction please contact the relevant body. Contact details for other European Supervisory Authorities can be found here. For Cayman Islands please contact the Ombudsman.
Alter Domus Regulated Entities
- Alter Domus Luxembourg S.à r.l. is member of the Luxembourg Ordre des Experts-Comptables.
- Alter Domus Liquidation Services S.à r.l. is member of the Luxembourg Ordre des Experts-Comptables.
- Alter Domus Alternative Asset Fund Administration S.à r.l. is regulated by the Commission de Surveillance du Secteur Financier.
- Alter Domus Depositary Services S.à r.l. is regulated by the Commission de Surveillance du Secteur Financier.
- Alter Domus Management Company S.A. is regulated by the Commission de Surveillance du Secteur Financier.
- Alter Domus Netherland BV is regulated by the Dutch Central Bank.
- Alter Domus (Jersey) Limited is regulated by the Jersey Financial Services Commission.
- Sumod (Jersey) Limited is regulated by the Jersey Financial Services Commission.
- Alter Domus Secretarial Services Limited is regulated by the Jersey Financial Services Commission.
- Alter Domus (Guernsey) Limited is regulated by the Guernsey Financial Services Commission.
- Alter Domus Depositary Services (UK) Limited is regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
- Alter Domus Fund Services (UK) Limited is regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
- Alter Domus Agency Services (UK) Limited is regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
- Alter Domus Fund Services (Ireland) Limited is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland.
- Alter Domus Management Company (Ireland) Designated Activity Company is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland.
- Alter Domus France is a member of the French Ordre des Experts-Comptables.
- Alter Domus (Mauritius) Limited is regulated by the local Financial Services Commission.
- AD-BEL Services SPRL is a member of the Belgian Institute for Tax Advisors and Accountants.
- Alter Domus (Services) Malta Limited, is regulated by the Malta Financial Services Authority.
- Alter Domus Fund Services (Malta) Limited is regulated by the Malta Financial Services Authority.
- Alter Domus Trustee Services (Malta) Limited is regulated by the Malta Financial Services Authority.
- Virtue Resources Limited is regulated by the Malta Financial Services Authority.
- Alter Domus (Cyprus) Ltd is regulated by the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Alter Domus Cayman Limited is regulated by the Cayman Islands Monetary Authority.
- Alter Domus Hong Kong Limited is regulated by the Registry for Trust and Company Service Providers of the Companies Registry of Hong Kong.
- Alter Domus Singapore Pte Ltd is regulated by the Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority.
- 安特德企业管理咨询（上海）有限公司 “Alter Domus China Limited” is regulated by the State Administration for Market Regulation in Shanghai and is licensed by the Chinese Ministry of Finance.
- 安特德穆企业管理咨询(北京)有限公司 “Alter Domus Alternative Asset Fund Administration (Beijing) Limited” is regulated by the State Administration for Market Regulation in Beijing and is licensed by the Chinese Ministry of Finance.
- 南京凯达兰信息咨询有限公司 (Nanjing) is regulated by the State Administration for Market Regulation in Nanjing and is licensed by the Chinese Ministry of Finance.
Alter Domus Other Entities
- Alter Domus International S.à r.l.
- Alter Domus Transfer Pricing S.à r.l.
- Alter Domus Co-sourcing Services S.à r.l.
- Alter Domus Participations S.à r.l.
- Business Office Services S.à r.l.
- Paradocs Holding S.à r.l.
- Castlelux Two S.à r.l.
- Pragma Business Services SRL
- Alter Domus Services Limited
- Alter Domus Nominees Limited
- Alter Domus Management Limited
- BOS BUSINESS OFFICE SERVICES (CYPRUS) LIMITED
- Alter Domus Deutschland GmbH
- Alter Domus (Ireland) Ltd
- Acorn Investments Limited
- Alter Domus Secretarial (Ireland) Limited
- Sumod (Guernsey) Limited
- Alter Domus (Jersey) Listing Services Limited
- Alter Domus (Services) Limited
- Alter Domus (Holding) Malta Limited
- Alter Domus (Treasury) Malta Limited
- Business Office Services International (Malta) Limited
- Alter Domus Mauritius (Nominees) Ltd
- Corfas B.V.
- Business Office Services Netherlands B.V.
- Alter Domus Liquidation Services B.V.
- Alter Domus (UK) Limited
- Alter Domus Inc.
- AD Carta, LLC
- Alter Domus Fund Services France SAS
- Alter Domus Australia PTY Ltd
- Alter Domus (Treasury) Malta USD Limited
- Alter Domus Iberia S.L.
- AD Iberia Management, S.L.
- Cortland Capital Market Services LLC (DE)
- Alter Domus (CA) Inc. (IL)
- Bloomingdale Technology LLC (DE)
- Alter Domus DCM (UK) Limited
- Alter Domus Products Corp.
- Alter Domus (US) LLC (DE)
- Alter Domus Financial Services (UK) Limited
- Alter Domus Agency Services (UK) Limited
- Alter Domus Trustees (UK) Limited
- アルタードムス・ジャパン株式会社 “Alter Domus Japan K.K.”
- Alter Domus Depositary Services (Ireland) Limited
- Credit-Vision Limited
- IPS Fund Services, LLC
- Strata Fund Solutions, LLC
- Investors Economic Assurance, LLC
- Alter Domus Data Solutions Inc.